Thursday, November 4, 2021

November bandcamp recs!

 


Hi, hello, how are you, the year is drawing closer to its end but we have a couple more bandcamp Fridays left to suppprt artists who still are touring a ton or playing show.


SiP/Prezzano - Self-titled 

This collaboration between SiP/Prezzano will be the first of two Moon Glyph records releases I'll be suggesting this month. Following last year's fantastic "Leos Naturals" SiP comes through with this collection of four longer forms pieces. Even more zoned out and drifting, these tracks envelope you with droning cosmic organ like synths and melodica. Some soft percussive elements come in and out at times giving the precedings a slight forward movement. 

https://sip-groop.bandcamp.com/album/sip-prezzano

American Cream Band - Dark Hemisphere

The second Moon Glyph release I'm recommending is this truly singular psychedelic album. I dont really know what to compare it too. The vocals and drum machines at times remind me of Suicide, with that kinda loungey swagger, but not as abrasive and filtered through whatever fuck is happening inside this freaks head. I love the mixing, its very disorienting and clever with the panning. The saxophone when it pops in feels like another vocals expressing what the vocals cannot. This feels like the ultimate Moon Glyph release, warped psychedelic music that is immersive, creative and worth yr time. Definitely in my top 10 of the year. "Under the Dark Moon" is a fantastic jam.

https://moonglyph.bandcamp.com/album/dark-hemisphere 

Andra Ljos - Fountain Of Inspiration 

Not Not Fun does it again with this collection of outerspace hymns from a Greek island or something. The cassette feels like your traveling through ruins of a lost civilization. Woozy and peaceful, like it should be the OST of a game like Mist or something. Andra Ljos has made a very mystical sounding world. I've been listening to this when I'm making coffee and smoothie when I first wake up. Its a just all feels very holy.

https://andraljos.bandcamp.com/album/fountain-of-inspiration

Courtesy - Check The Milk

Obviously I am biased because I am doing PR for this LP, but goddamn its fucking goooooood. It has all these different elements at play from Can, Arthur Russell,  90s hip hop rhythmic pulse with hints of early era Beck. It's the perfect meld of the experimental and this accessible thats ready for the dance floor. Extremely fun record that I highly recommend.

https://idmatic.bandcamp.com/album/check-the-milk



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bandcamp Friday # ?!?!?

  Music is good Water Damage - In E I love this band, and ive made it clear so much that Water Damage asked me to write the blurb for this L...