Monday, July 6, 2020

Green-House - 6 Songs for Invisible Gardens



Green-House is a LA based artist on Leaving Records (who has also released gems by Nainah Hunter and Laraaji this year), whos debut release is a wonderous collection of songs....for invisible gardens. Over the six songs your treated to gentle synths bubbling, drones and field recordings that all combine into a blissful state of peace and ease. And that's exactly what its meant for, soft reflection in a chaotic world, to heal you and your flora whom you share your little world with. I listen to this while taking walks(with a mask on), cleaning, reading and cooking dinner. Its a perfect companion for all activities to calm the constant distortion of reality. In a lot of ways these six songs remind me of Haruomi Hosono's 1984 cassette only release "Watering A Flower" which was originally made for Muji a Japanese housewares store. I've actually been to a Muji in LA, and my mind was blown when I heard Hosono being played in a mall in Southern California. Green-House would easily work in the same context and that isn't a slight on their work, its just very calming and malls are chaotic hellholes of capitalism. So, Green-House rules and you should buy their LP or tape, this is definitely top 3 of the year material for me. Enjoy

https://green-house.bandcamp.com/album/six-songs-for-invisible-gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bandcamp Friday # ?!?!?

  Music is good Water Damage - In E I love this band, and ive made it clear so much that Water Damage asked me to write the blurb for this L...